The Razor E200 electric scooter is one of the best electric scooters for kids due to its battery life and top speed. It is not only super fun to ride, it is also energy efficient and better for the environment than other modes of transportation.
So if you are looking for a green gift for a special boy or girl in your life, the E200 might be right for you. But before you buy, make sure to do your research.
In this article, we will look at the Racor E200’s specifications, including top speed and battery life, to help you decide if this is the right electric scooter for you.
E200 Specifications and Features
Razor, as a brand, was founded way back in 2000. Since then, the company has used technology to combine both freedom and fun to create products like this electric scooter, that does a pretty decent job at what it’s supposed to do.
The electric scooter has a max speed of 12 miles per hour and can be used up to 40 minutes continuously. 12 miles an hour maximum speed is a good middle-ground when it comes to electric scooters. Other Razor scooters (like the E300) can go much faster, but that also makes them more dangerous. If you are looking for something slower, check out the E100 or E150.
And 40 minutes is slightly below average. We think this is fine if you only have one child using the scooter. But if you have multiple kids, you might want to look for something else with slightly longer battery life. That way, kids can take turns riding it without completely draining the batter.
Razor E200 also sports ultra-quiet-chain-driven motor, allowing you to move around without disturbing anyone. The large pneumatic tires offer a smooth ride and can handle small bumps relatively well. But if you are looking for something to take off-roading, we would suggest the E300 instead.
It’s powered by 24V (2 12V batteries) Seal battery system, which is rechargeable with a maximum 12 hours recharge time.
The E200 scooter easy to drive around during the day and charge it while you’re sleeping! And also, have no worries regarding your safety because Razor E200 is also equipped with a hand-operated rear brake and pneumatic 8-inch tire, which ensures that you will enjoy a smooth, safer ride.
The scooter is also equipped with twist grip acceleration control and retractable kickstand.
- It’s relatively affordable.
- It’s lightweight. The scooter weighs around 38 pounds. This might sound heavy, but considering comparable models can reach 70lbs, we think this is pretty good.
- Easy to be assembled. Some assembly needs to be done but don’t worry, previous buyers have testified that it’s not complicated.
- Adjustable handlebars. You get adjustable handlebars that make it really easy to handle the device.
- Spare batteries and chargers are available for sale online. Some opt for other batteries for to-go needs
- Dirt and grass are off-limits. Some accidents have been reported by buyers when rocks or pebbles got stuck in the tire and causing the user to fell down.
- Not for everyone. Children under 13 years of age, tall people, and people who weigh over 200 pounds won’t be able to use this model.
- Does not fold. Some of the electric scooters are portable and can be used for travel. Unfortunately, this isn’t one of them. It takes up a lot of space, making it difficult to be carried around and stored.
- Lengthy recharge times. For just 40 minutes of running time, you would have to recharge the electric scooter for as much as 24 hours.
- Only one color option is available. Everybody loves to choose an electric color that they would love to use. However, you only have the color teal available, which pretty much restricts your color choice.
Razor E200 is a high-quality product that provides a great time for children and even young adults. They are relatively fast, not very loud, light and practical. The E200 is a safe middle-ground when it comes to electric scooters. The battery life doesn’t offer the best runtime, but it is good for most children.
The best thing would be the fact that it’s affordable. However, it would be much better if more color options were available; allowing buyers to buy ones that suit their taste.
The fact that it is not foldable and portable does count as a con. At the price though, it is a decent buy and the adjustable handlebars ensure that it is really easy to ride. If it’s your first electric scooter and you love the color teal, we would suggest you go for it.
Also see our review on the Razor E100 Electric Scooter!