You have surely seen hoverboards in promotional and music videos, commercials, or even while venturing around town doing errands. Now, here you are, doing your research on the HoverboardX HBX-AT model, a trustworthy, all-terrain self balancing scooter from a brand that has a reputation for durability and longevity. Should you be looking for a hoverboard that can handle more than just smooth pavement, the HBX-AT (AT meaning All Terrain) you should consider the following before buying, such as characteristics, special features, and the ever-important UL 2272 safety certification.
Yes, hoverboards have a dark past of being quite dangerous. Thankfully, regulations were enhanced, so the hoverboards now present on the market for purchase are some of the safest around. You can rely on HoverboardX self-balancing scooters to operate without any chance of smoking, sparking, and fire. So always have this at the top of your list of must-haves: the UL 2272 certification.
About the Company
HoverboardX is located in Wisconsin, USA. Presently, the company is only shipping to USA and Canada addresses (but are offering free shipping). However, you don’t have to buy from the merchant directly should you truly wish to buy this model.
The one thing that makes HoverboardX, the maker of the HBX-2 and All Terrain models, stand out is that they only use UL certified systems in their products. Any HoverboardX model is guaranteed to be completely safe from fires and have adopted the standards set forth by the CPSC. You can rest assured the batteries are UL certified, the battery control modules to prevent overloading and overheating, that all chargers are UL listed.
Naturally, with the sheer amount of all-terrain hoverboards inundating the physical and virtual store shelves, you need to know why the HBX-AT is different from other models. Reading reviews will help you narrow down your search. Rest assured that the All-Terrain model has been tested and approved! But is the hoverboard going to do what you expect it to? Keep reading to find out.
Sticking to the pavement is boring! When you have a hoverboard that can tackle various types of ground, such as lawns, beach sand, and gravel, the possibilities of where you can go become limitless. With the HBX-AT self-balancing scooter you can easily transition from navigating the urban jungle to rolling over the fresh lawn of the park. You can even ride at night, thanks to the bright LED headlights that illuminate the path in front of you.
The innovative technology behind the All-Terrain hoverboard enhances your ride by putting power in the palm of your hand—and by that, we mean in your smartphone! By installing the app for either your iPhone or Android phone, you can locate your position via GPS, customize your speed, and jam out to your favorite tunes while cruising along with family and friends.
The sturdy, IP56 waterproof design is bolstered by aluminum alloy and metal fenders. Tires are large and shock-absorbent. In fact, the hoverboard can hold up 264 pounds. Even at maximum load, a single charge will carry you up to 10 miles at a speed of 10 miles per hour. This makes the HBX-AT 25% faster than regular hoverboards on the market.
- Battery: lithium-ion Samsung 44AH/37V
- Motor: 400W motor with dual independent gyros
- Charging Time: 2.5 to 3 hours
- Charging Voltage: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Distance on Full Charge: about 10 miles (depending on load and speed)
- Max Speed: about 15 miles per hour (24 kilometers per hour); by using the smartphone app, you can utilize 3 adjustable speeds
- Max Load: 264 pounds (119 kilograms)
- Max Climb: 15 degrees
- Water Resistant: IP56
- Tire Size: 8.5 inches (215 millimeters)
- Net Weight: 32 pounds (14.5 kilograms)
All HoverboardX systems are tested and certified by the Underwriter’s Laboratories, the creators of the prestigious and essential UL 2272 certification. Underwriter’s Laboratories is a global initiative found in 1894 that validates products for the customer have gain peace of mind by knowing they are making an informed purchase.
Naturally, the HBX-AT model has undergone the same rigorous tests the HBX-2 and similar hoverboards have been through. These tests include the following:
- Overcharge testing
- Short circuit testing
- Over discharge testing
- Dielectric Voltage testing
- Imbalanced Charging testing
- 20mm End Product Flame – for determining level of fire resistance
- Water Exposure test
- Thermal Cycling
- And much, much more!
Just remember that you should also keep your hoverboard away from flammable materials while charging, and follow the manufacturer’s recommended charging times to ensure your safety. Be sure to also wear all recommended personal protective gear when operating the hoverboard.
- Smartphone application for routes and syncing music
- Sturdy construction
- CE, RoHS, and FCC Certifications — one of the safest and most reliable models on the market!
- CPSC Mandated UL 2272 certified
- UL 2272 Samsung Battery
- Dual Independent Gyros for balance — excellent stability on uneven surfaces
- Powerful 400W motor
- Decent maximum speed
- IP56 certified water resistance
- LED brake lights and headlights
- Supports up to 264 pounds of weight
- Wide tires for stability
- Ability to go off the pavement and have adventures beyond the urban locale
- Designed for children 9 years and up, not for younger children unfortunately
- Relatively long charging time
- Short distance for overall travel (10 miles)
- Not a large selection for colors
- May not be entirely new user-friendly
- Somewhat heavy to carry around (32 pounds)
- Average price tag may be too expensive for some
Overall, the HoverboardX All Terrain model is an exciting member to the already renowned line-up of this manufacturer. For those who are seeking more power, stability, and the ability to leave the asphalt for dirt and grass, the HBX-AT is certainly going to please. You are assured a sound ride that is also safe and fast—instantly boosting the quality of fun you will have. Get your playlist ready for one of the most enjoyable hoverboard rides yet!