You have surely seen hoverboards while out and about. Now, here you are, doing your research on the HoverboardX HBX-2, a safe and trustworthy self-balancing scooter from a brand that has a relatively new track record. This review is going to list some things you should be thinking about before buying, like characteristics, special features, and the ever-important UL 2272 safety certification.
On that note, the hoverboards now present on the market for purchase are some of the safest yet. You can rely on these self-balancing scooters to operate without any chance of electrical fire. But if the hoverboard doesn’t have a UL 2272 certification, stay away from it.
About the Company
The good news is that HoverboardX, the maker of the HBX-2, only uses UL certified systems in their products. HoverboardX is completely safe from fires and has adopted the standards set forth by the CPSC. Found in every model is a UN38.3 UL certified Samsung battery, battery control modules to prevent overloading and overheating, as well as UL listed chargers.
The company is located in Wisconsin, USA. Presently, they are only shipping to USA and Canada addresses. However, you don’t have to buy from the merchant directly.
We are aware that finding the best hoverboard for sale can be difficult for the average consumer, it is best to do what you’re doing now. Reading reviews is going to help you narrow down your search. Plus, knowing that the hoverboard being reviewed has undergone major scrutiny and testing can bring you peace of mind.
When you want a user-friendly, colorful and trendy hoverboard to hit the streets, you can count on the HBX-2. Self-expression has never been easier! The self-balancing scooter is made from quality parts, features a sleek design, and has awesome features that add a futuristic feel to the ride. If you love cruising and listening to music at the same time, the built-in speakers that connect to Bluetooth are going to make your adventure all the more entertaining.
Kids and adults alike will find the choice of colors and features to be a great investment that equals hours of play. And for those who are slightly impatient, you won’t have to wait long for the battery to fully charge. An empty battery takes only about 2 hours to completely recharge.
Riding this balance scooter is very easy. Though it makes take some practice, once you get used to the intuitive design of the pressurized foot pedals, you will be able to hop on and ride into the sunset with ease. HoverboardX does give some advice for riding their hoverboard, including the following tips:
- Always step onto the hoverboard with your dominant foot first.
- Keep your feet as close to the wheels as possible to maintain balance.
- Simply lean forward or backward to accelerate forward or backward. Start on level ground first so you are not encouraged to tilt and cause turning to happen before you are comfortable.
The HBX-2 is a wonderful learning hoverboard for the inexperienced rider!
When you purchase the HBX-2, you receive the following goods in the box:
- The HBX-2 Hoverboard with Bluetooth
- AC Charging Adapter
- Batteries are included
- Official HoverboardX Carrying Bag
- HBX-2 User’s Manual
- Available colors: Black, gold, pink, red, silver, blue, white.
- Battery: 36V 4.3H 154 Wh, UN38 Certified Samsung Batteries
- Motor: 350W Motor
- Charging Time: 2-3 hours
- Charging Voltage: 90-240V, 50/60HZ
- Distance on Full Charge: 10-12 miles (16-19 kilometers)
- Max Speed: 7 mph (11.2 km/h)
- Max Load: 220 pounds (99 kg)
- Min Load: 35 pounds (15.8 kg)
- Max climbing limit: 15 degrees
- Min/Max Operating Temperature: -5 degrees F/122 degrees F (-20 degrees C/50 degrees C)
- Tire size: 6.5 inches
- Net Weight: 23 pounds (10.4 kilograms)
Everything about the HBX-2 has been rigorously tested. This includes the Bluetooth speakers. The UL 2272 certification that this self-balancing scooter comes with ensures that every electrical component has been evaluated. As you are aware, the components used to construct the HBX-2 are UL certified, too. For example, the lithium-ion batteries are 36V 4.3AH, UN38 certified Samsung batteries, which are durable and dependable. If you would like to see a copy of HoverboardX’s UL certificate, you can visit the website.
As with all personal transport devices, be sure to wear at least a helmet when operating the HBX-2.
Check out all of our hoverboard safety tips.
- Awesome choice of colors to choose from
- Extremely safe equipment – you know for sure that this self-balancing scooter will never spark or ignite due to overheating or overcharging
- Relatively quick charging time
- Lightweight when compared to some other models
- Fun for all age groups and experience levels. Both children and adults can make use of this hoverboard;
- Very durable construction – all parts are comprised of aluminum alloy
- Built-in Bluetooth speakers
- Reasonable pricing for those looking to balance budget with features
- Free 6-Month Warranty offered by manufacturer
- Quite slow – only 7 mph/11.2 km/h
- Short distance on full charge
- May not function properly on roads with steep inclines
- No mention of whether or not the hoverboard is waterproof, meaning you shouldn’t go cruising through puddles
- Not constructed for “off-roading” – again, don’t expect the HBX-2 to do well on slick grass, sand, or gravel
- Thin tires
With all the features, pros and cons in mind, what do you think about the HBX-2 model by HoverboardX?
Hopefully, this review has helped educate you on what is important when choosing a hoverboard and has given you insight on the HoverboardX HBX-2 model with built-in Bluetooth speakers. This user-friendly self-balancing scooter is an excellent choice for those buying their first hoverboard and want a safe and durable ride for themselves or their children. The HBX-2 certainly proves that quality can come at a reasonable price.
An oldie, but a goodie