Hear that? That’s the sound of a smooth-sailing electric scooter coming your way. The sleek lines and intuitive controls are just two of the advantages most scooters have. But this particular model is not just any regular scooter, it is the ultra-fast and reliable Inmotion L6 Electric Scooter by INMOTION Technologies!
INMOTION is a well-known company with a global reach spreading from Singapore, Canada, the U.S., and other locations that has a sizeable inventory of self-balancing, electric personal transportation. The company’s approach is innovation through the research and development of Sensor Controlled Vehicles (SCV) mixed with appealing aesthetic, which you can’t deny the L6 scooter of having!
In fact, you might be quite taken with the Inmotion L6 Electric Scooter, but is it right for you? Let’s find out.
One thing that people notice immediately about the Inmotion L6 Electric Scooter is the overall unique design and eye-catching lime green accents on the either black or white body. The aesthetically pleasing look of the electric scooter is not just for show—it shows that Inmotion is true to their philosophies by developing a product that not only looks smooth and futuristic but also operates along the same lines. When you ride the L6, you are going to stand out from the group.
The L6 is a comfortable ride, due to the 8-inch inflatable tires and added suspension system. Compared to other popular electric scooter models on the market, like the Swagtron, the L6 goes above and beyond by minimizing the jostling effect that bumps in the road have on the foot panel. You will literally glide right over surface bumps and feel nothing.
Since the L6 Electric Scooter is made out of ADC12 hard aluminum alloy, a much sturdier material than the typical carbon fiber, the feel of the handles and controls are much solid and durable.
Even the “dashboard” on the handlebar has an easy to operate and read display that will make you feel like you’re driving something much more expensive than an electric scooter. Additionally, all Inmotion personal transportation devices are compatible with the Inmotion app, which allows you to find other users (your friends) with the Inmotion app, monitors speed, and other elements of the ride experience. For example, you can switch between ride modes, such as “comfort” or “passion” mode. Passion mode is exactly as it sounds—you push the scooter to its limit and can enjoy a bit more speed.
Another feature that is rather refreshing is “cruise control.” The majority of electric scooters on the market require you to keep pulsing the power button to keep a rather unsteady cruising speed (which also contributes to loss of battery life). Yet, with the Inmotion L6, once you reach your desired speed, all you need to do is press a button to make the scooter maintain a constant speed with no additional work on your end.
You may be wondering if the Inmotion L6 e-scooter is difficult to drive. The answer is no, not at all! Just as you would prepare to ride a regular, foot-powered scooter, you instead use a slight twist of the accelerator on the handlebar to get going rather than kicking off the ground. From there, the scooter requires very little balance to keep upright. You may need to get used to the acceleration, as twisting too much too soon could send the scooter rocketing down the pavement, but that is ultimately up to you and your comfort level.
The Inmotion L6 also shows its uncompromising quality through its battery capacity and charging capabilities. The 8 Ah lithium batteries has 4 times more cells than the usual electric scooter battery, giving the L6 enough power to last for over 20 miles. Many scooters take about 7 hours to charge, or about 3.5 hours of 30 minutes use). Since the L6 Electric Scooter has an advanced battery, charging time is even shortened.
Specifications & Key Features
- Maximum Speed: 25 km/h (15.5 mph)
- Traveling range: 30 km (18 miles)
- Climbing angle: 15-degrees
- Net weight: 16.5 kg (36.4 lbs)
- Carrying capacity: 100 kg (220 lbs)
- Overall dimensions: 1037 x 540 x 1165 mm
- Charging Time: 5.5 hours
- AC Charger: AC110 ~ 220V 50~60HZ
- Battery: 48V 8Ah Sony lithium battery
- Cruise control function
- Safety features: Rear reflector, rear-wheel motor and brake, and illuminated logo. (Headlight not included)
- Optimal Running Temperature: 25 degrees C (77 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Waterproofing: IP65 – rated by the Enclosure Company as a “dust tight” machine that is protected against water projected from a nozzle. In other words, you cannot submerge the L6 Electric Scooter, but you can wash it down.
- Ability to switch between riding modes by use through the Inmotion App. Modes include “soft” or “comfort mode,” and “passion mode.”
- Smart over-discharge protection system to protect the battery.
- Two-Steps Folding mechanism – this allows you to quickly switch from riding your Inmotion L6 to quickly picking it up or tucking it away for later use.
- Fast – who doesn’t love cruising along at 25 km/h?
- Eco-friendly – the L6 Electric Scooter with a highly functional battery that takes less time to charge than a regular electric scooter and even has a longer range. This means you get farther using less energy; plus, you never have to worry about buying gasoline.
- A unique lime green cut-out design that is appealing and also provides a nice place to put a lock.
- Inmotion App Integration for a social networking experience as well as access to valuable information about your electric scooter.
- Multiple riding modes
- Fitted with front and rear shock absorbers and springs to mitigate road vibrations.
The L6 does not have a lot of negatives. The few things that would turn some people away would be:
- The weight – the Inmotion L6 is 36 pounds (16.5 kg), meaning it is not something you want to carry around in a backpack all day long.
- The charging time – though 5.5 hours is still shorter than most, it’s still 5.5 hours until a full charge. Definitely not the most convenient. In order to work around this, you can simply “top off” the battery after using the L6. Generally, the charge time is about twice as long as the time spent in use. So, if you ride the Inmotion L6 for 30 minutes, it takes 1-1.5 hours to charge. If you ride for an hour, it takes 2-2.5 hours to charge.
- Cannot ride on grass or on a gradient of more than 20 degrees.
According to the Inmotion L6 User Manual, there are some precautions that need to be taken into consideration when operating the electric scooter. First, moisture can cause the brake to work slowly. After cleaning the scooter, it is best to let it dry completely before using it again. Also keep in mind the waterproof rating (IP65). This electric scooter is not made to operate in inclement water conditions or riding through high water. Always confirm that the brake is working prior to use.
Second, you will notice that the Inmotion L6 Electric Scooter does not come equipped with a LED headlight or a bell. You will have to get these equipped on your own. Depending on where you live, a headlight or bell (or both) is a mandatory fixture on a personal transportation device. Make sure that you have checked the requirements of your location before taking your electric scooter out for a ride. The good news is that LED headlights and bells can be acquired quite easily.
It is also recommended to wear a helmet and other protective equipment when riding.
Unlike hoverboards, which have been noted to meltdown and now need strict regulation, electric scooters do not require such testing. However, if you are concerned with the potential of an electric fire or the battery getting damaged, then take the following precautionary steps:
- Do not soak in water or in a damp environment. Also avoid touching the wire with damp hands, as this can cause an electrical shock;
- Do not overheat;
- Ensure that all screws and bolts are kept tight;
- Only use the battery, charger, and cable supplied by the manufacturer. The electric scooter is not designed to handle a 4Ah battery.
- Not charging on time may lead to damage in the battery. Also, try to avoid over-changing.
The Inmotion L6 e-scooter has a smart over-discharging system that protects the battery that will cut off the power while the scooter is locked (folded) or turned off when the electric quantity is too low. You will have to charge the scooter to bring it out of the over-discharge protection system.
Inmotion Technologies set out to create innovative personal transportation that relies on sensor control, and they have been introducing masterpieces like the Inmotion L6 electric scooter ever since. The e-scooter is a well-equipped ride that has a slew of features that will make any rider feel as if they are gliding over the pavement and completely in tune with the machine. The mobile phone app makes catching up with friends for a jaunt around town easier than ever, too. In short, the Inmotion L6 Electric Scooter is a fantastic choice for those seeking a durable, reliable, and savvy machine to get them from Point A to B in an urban setting.
Check out the most up to date scooter reviews!
A Humble Kick Scooter That Kicks Some Serious Arse