The Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter offers high-performance and safety while mixing in a little bit of Italian style. This combination makes the Razor Pocket Mod the perfect gift for a very lucky boy or girl.
Made by Razor USA (the same company behind the non-electric scooter phenomenon) the Pocket Mod Scooter is from the Razor scooter E series, which features popular stand-up style electric scooters like the E100, E200, and E300.
Key features of the Razor Pocket Mod Include:
- High-performance electric motor
- 40 minute (or 10-mile) battery life
- Top speed of 15 miles per hour
- 12-inch pneumatic tires for a smooth ride
- Retractable kickstand
- Storage compartment under the seat
- Ages 12+
- Max weight of 150 pounds
Our Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter review will discuss the pros and cons of the electric scooter to help you determine if this is right for you.
Pocket Mod Specifications and Features
The scooter uses a 24 volt sealed lead acid rechargeable battery that runs for up to 12 miles with a single charge. However, the battery lasts for only forty-five minutes of continuous use before the next recharge. The scooter also comes with a charger used to repower the battery.
With a single charge, the scooter can go for over 10 miles till the next repower process.
For all you gear-heads, the Pocket Mod uses a high torque chain to drive the motor when powered on. This enables the scooter to have a good speed of 15 miles per hour and surprising acceleration.
However, the electric motor and the battery make the scooter somehow heavy and it’s advisable for kids to have a good balance before riding it, especially outdoors.
The frame is made of steel to ensure that the scooter’s body lasts long enough to justify the price tag. Its body is also light and easy to assemble after shipping to the buyer’s destination. However, the user manual comes in handy when assembling the scooter. Its frame is designed to accommodate a young rider, with a max weight of 150 lbs – although we suggest staying well below this weight limit.
Like a traditional moped or motorcycle, the scooter uses a twist grip acceleration control. This makes it easy to accelerate while also getting children used to traditional motorcycle methods (if that’s in their future).
The 12-inch wheels are made of pneumatic material. Thankfully, spare tires and tubes can be purchased if you run into any issues with the stock pair. The scooter also has a rear suspension system to make the ride a little bit smoother for young riders.
Under Seat Storage
The under-seat storage is a great accessory especially for kids who like carrying around other items. In addition, it is also used to store the scooter’s tools and spares.
- Fun – Above all else, the Pocket Mod scooter is fun! Children are basically guaranteed to enjoying cruising through the neighboorhood at high (but safe) speeds. As an added bonus, the twist grip acceleration is a great learning opportunity for children who might want to operate similar vehicles like dirtbikes or Vespas in the future. The scooter is fun for kids making them know how to ride and operate machines at an early age.
- Easy to Assemble – You don’t need to be a motorcycle mechanic to put together the Razor Pocket Mod. It comes with a toolkit and instructions that make it easy to assemble even if you don’t have a background in vehicle maintenance.
- Durable– When it comes to durability, steel is real. Thanks to the solid-steel construction, the Razor Pocket Mod can take a beating. The tires are also heavy-duty, so you don’t have to worry about replacing them anytime soon.
- Safe – We’re happy to see that the scooter comes with a helmet and elbow pads, which should always be worn during operation. The rear-suspension also adds safety to the scooter as it helps absorb bumps and improves stability.
- Quiet – The electric motor is extremely quiet, so you don’t have to worry about walking up the neighborhood (unless your child is screaming with joy).
- Great Value for Money – The toy goes for about $299. This is a very reasonable price tag when you consider what you’re actually getting.
- Poor Battery – The battery could last longer. The battery life of Razor Pocket Mod is around 10 miles. Considering the top speed of 15 mph, your son or daughter could easily rack up some miles and require a charge in less than an hour.
- Heavy – The scooter is somewhat heavy due to its quality steel construction. While this does mean the scooter is durable, it also means that your children might not be able to lift the scooter on their own. This could be an issue if they need to lift it up onto a curb and for storage reasons. That said, we suggest the scooter is only used with proper adult supervision, so this really shouldn’t be an issue.
- Requires a lot of Room – Compared to most toys, your child will need a lot of room to use the Pocket Mod Scooter. A cul-de-sac or neighborhood with no traffic is great, but we prefer the safety of a closed area or bike path.
The Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter is a great scooter if your child is interested in electric vehicles. It is not the cheapest gift at $299, but the price point is worth when you consider the steel-construction, safety and speed.
Related Product Reviews: